Friday, March 11, 2011

When it rains

This is almost an addition to the 'Little Things' post.

I am not a rain fan. I like the idea of precipitation and the fact that it feeds the plants an the water cycle that provides for us all, yadda yadda yadda. But on a rainy day, the only thing I want to do is be inside my apartment, curled on my couch, with a cup of hot tea/coffee/cocoa and a good book or the latest issue of Vanity Fair. I heart sunshine and always will.

HOWEVER

I love rain boots. Cannot get enough of them. I love my rain boots. I love my friends' rain boots. I love the rain boots on Lil Hoots' twins' two year old feetsies. I love complete strangers' rain boots. I just love rain boots.

I admit, I didn't always love them. I thought them silly, something I would have worn at age six.

Then, it rained.

City living has many perks. But major weather events in the city are especially unpleasant. The rain likes to puddle in potholes, at curbs, just about anywhere with a dip. The walker suddenly becomes a jumper, a dodger, trying to maneuver between raindrops and puddles and general wetness. Not in rain boots! Rain boots allow a person to walk without first looking where they step. Watch others dodge the rain. You, oh rain-booted one, can stomp wherever you like, rain be damned!

When rain boots come in so many patterns and colors, they are accessible for every person and every style. Its ok to have ridiculous rain boots - they can have yellow duckies, pink whales, lobsters, even hands with middle fingers stuck up (not that I have seen them, but you get the idea.) Last year I had a pair with navy and turquoise zig zags. They pooped out on me (not to readers: beware buying secondhand shoes) so I purchased a ones with very colorful petal/paisley shapes. Adorbs. Even our organization's president likes them.

In the words of the infamous Charlie Sheen, "Winning!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You Yadda Yadda'd the best part!