Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BlogPlug

I have not posted in quite some time again, preferring to read blogs of friends rather than post my own. Do I even have anything interesting to say? Some would say yes, others... Well, let's just say that the last post about my klutziness was one for the books and I haven't thought of anything that good since.

Here are some blogs of those I know and love that are much more interesting than my quotidian life.

La Cucina Francesca:
Since I'm plugging, I'm plugging friends. This author has been my bff for over 10 years (with a brief hiatus - never again!!) She has always been a budding Martha Stewart, and began her blog while giving up processed foods last lent. Amazing, I know. She has since created a local following in her efforts both in and out of the kitchen. Check out the post from the fall with her gorgeous bouquets for a friend's wedding.

http://lacucinafrancesca.wordpress.com/

Lil Hoot:
I've known Sarah of Lil Hoot much longer and the woman has impeccable taste in entertainment. Her wedding was one of the most gorgeously, meticulously planned weddings I have been to in my life (and I have been to the lion's share of weddings). Mom of two lil ladies and two lil frenchies, Sarah turned an old house into a home and now plans parties with more flair (tasteful flair) than one would think possible.
lilhoot.blogspot.com

Sugar High:
A newer friend with a brand new blog! She and Angela should open a restaurant. I know I would go!
http://sugar-high-baking.blogspot.com/

As for me, well, since I last posted I got a new job at an organization I LOVE and doing exactly what I want to do (when I grow up). Event planning, event planning, and more event planning is the name of the game. No, not holiday parties, fundraisers or weddings, which are both the eventual goal, but seminars and 2 week long classes, events all the same. The dream job is obviously to work with Rafanelli Events (http://www.rafanellievents.com/) but a girl has to start somewhere!

I like to keep the personal aspects of event planning in my mind at all times. Friendly reminder emails about meetings for staff, RSVP lists for surprise parties in secret notebooks, and the handshake/smile/"so nice to finally meet you" are some of my favorite things. No detail is too small and no guest is insignificant.

At the end of every post, I promise to keep better touch with the blogosphere, but this time I mean it! So have a lovely day, dear readers, and check out my plugged blogs!

xo,
Clare

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thanks for the plug, Clare! Sugar High has moved to www.sugarhighbaking.org - it has it's very own website now! :)