Monday, March 21, 2011

Tight tights!

Ok readers, are you listening? I have a million… no, BILLION dollar business idea for you. You can take all the credit and most of the money. I am willing to be an investor if you are able to do this. Are you ready for this idea? Its going to be huge!

Run-free tights.

Winter in Boston isn’t the balmy sort. Its COLD. And as a female, I wear a lot of skirts and dresses. Sometimes I wear leggings underneath, but mostly I wear tights. The sheer, CVS bought variety. Perhaps I would not have to deal with as many runs if I invested a little more money and bought deep discount Calvin Klein tights at Marshall’s, but something tells me this is not the case.

Every time I open a new pack, I hope it will be different. I stretch out the tights to get them used to awkward motion. I take off all my rings. I put my hands in the tights in the form of a fist so no sharp hangnails snag on the fabric. I leave room at the toes.

This works… sometimes. Maybe I will get three uses out of a pair before a run begins. And depending on the run’s location and/or where I catch it, I can sometimes keep it from getting any larger (I have used everything from spraypaint, to spray mount, to nail polish, to glue). But this is only temporary, and soon the run grows, the hole gets bigger, and I must tromp to CVS for another pair of tights. If I’m lucky, the pairs normally sold for $5.79 are ‘on sale’ 2 for $10. Don’t you just love a bargain? (NOT.)

So here you go, folks. Can you create a sheer (not all outfits look good with solid tights or patterns) tight or panty-ho or stocking that does not run, or is guaranteed to last me 8-10 wearings before it craps out on me? I will buy it. I will buy a pair for every day of the week! One in every color, in every pattern! Tights seem to me to be of the absolute lowest quality of clothing. I have purchased $6.00 tank tops at H&M that I have worn for years without holes! What does it take for we females to unite and demand from tight manufacturers a high quality product?

If they don’t respond, I seriously encourage you or someone you know in the clothing industry to take on this challenge. It will be the most sought-after product fashion has ever seen.

No comments: