Friday, November 4, 2011

You really do get what you pay for

Autumn is out in full force in Boston (in spite of Monday's predicted high of 68 degrees).  I realize that while I loathed November growing up, I adore it in Boston.  The leaves still haven't all changed or peaked, so we get gorgeous scenery.  I'm still enjoying the fact that I wear pants and sweaters.  Blue skies juxtaposed with cooler temps make me smile.

However, fall and winter bring tights.  And we all know how I handle tights (see old rant here).

Until now.
I have realized that with tights, you get what you pay for.  The old tights, the ones that run as soon as I look at them the wrong way, were cheap and from CVS.  I think I spend more money at CVS than I do on food, which is saying a lot.  The first thing I did in my adult life was get myself a CVS card, and it has come to be quite useful.  Just not for tight purchases.

My lovely co-worker mentioned last week that Lord and Taylor was having a tight sale.  On Saturday, before the really cold rain hit, I ran over there to see if anything was left.

I got one pair of patterned tights that I have yet to wear, although I've had good luck with patterned tights, so fingers crossed.

Plain black tights, clearly, were not on sale.  But I bit the bullet and picked up a pair of Ellen Tracy opaque black tights for $14 (not exactly bank-breaking, but not chump change either).  I put them on for an event today and I can tell they're really good quality.  Soft, pliable, and ready for heavy wear.

Which is good.  I'm going to need them more and more!

No comments: