Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Travel Recap: Ocean Reef

Sometimes, it is fun to pretend you are wealthy and important.  Like when you use the restrooms inside the Taj Boston.

Or when your fab cousin gets married at an uber-sweet gated community/resort at the top of Key Largo, called Ocean Reef.

Apologies, this is my time to gloat.


Its snowing right now in Boston.  But this was me 5 days ago.  Notice the blue skies, palm trees, pool, and my freshly painted toenails.  In 80+ degree weather, with humidity so high that my hair scrunched itself.  No gel required.  Usually not welcome, but it was so nice.

The journeys there and back were rather unremarkable, apart from every flight we took (4 all together) was 100% booked.  I guess that's what happens when you travel during February break.  And I must say that our journey from Boston to Orlando, a flight that had more children than I've ever seen on an airplane, was surprisingly quiet.  No screamers.  Well done, parents.

Now... pardon me while I live vicariously through my weekend:

We watched the boats come in before the ceremony... it was pretty gorgeous.


Check out the living room... awesome, right?
 

Yes, the skies opened up.  But that in no way hampered the wedding.  In fact, I was very impressed with the way the events staff was able to take an entire bar table, with bottles on top, from outside to underneath an awning so guests could drink AND stay dry.
(End event planner analysis.)
 
Our room... And B's superhero pose.

Our pelican buddy


The uber-happy couple.  Thanks, Liz, for choosing to get married in a super warm climate in the middle of winter.  I owe you one!

1 comment:

Emily Maple said...

Did you see Jadie?!?!