My duty at the office today is to input business cards into the mac address book program - cards my boss collected at a recent conference. And apparently it was a 'lets all trade cards conference' because I'm on #82. So yes, I got a tad bit bored. Checked blogger. One of my fave bloggers (Beantown Prepster, the name alone makes you smile) posted something about being tagged.
You first pick 11 things about you (randomly) and write them down. Then you answer her questions. Then you create 11 more questions and tag 11 bloggers.
Well - I don't know 11 bloggers personally, and I doubt the bloggers who I follow also fallow me back, apart from a few buddies (AT I'm looking at you! You're tagged, I don't care that you write a food blog!)
Here I go!
1. I really really really love my engagement ring. I mean, I know every girl does, but I love mine so much that I don't want a wedding ring. I just want to wear only my e-ring for ever and ever.
2. I have an alarm set on my phone for BC pills at 9:20 PM, and to run up and down the stairs at my office building at 1:00 PM.
3. I don't like drinking ice water. Its too cold. The ice gets in the way of my attempts to drink the water, and I get thirsty a lot. Even if I have a straw, it is too cold for me to drink at my normal drinking speed.
4. I am a super lightweight. I started getting a semblance of a tolerance the first time I lived in the UK, but then my 21st birthday happened, I couldn't touch alcohol for 2 weeks, and it never came back.
5. Even before I got engaged, dated B, or thought of getting married myself in the abstract, I was obsessed with weddings. I blame my mother, who brought me to see every wedding at my Dad's church. We would sneak into the balcony and look at the bride's and bridesmaids' dresses. That being said, I'm letting my bridesmaids choose their own LBD for my wedding.
6. I've become a bit obsessed with wedding etiquette. Seriously. Ask me anything. I'll likely know the correct and proper answer. You may not like it, but etiquette isn't always easy.
7. The coolest thing that happened to me this year so far is seeing my picture in my sorority's magazine. It literally made my night - even better than homemade pizza (sorry B, it was delicious though!) and watching Moneyball.
8. I really don't understand the point of twitter unless you're famous or important.
9. I sometimes live vicariously through Mom blogs. I mean, its like being an aunt or a grandparent. You have the luxury of learning about parenthood and seeing cute children without actually having to deal with them.
10. I'm a vegetarian who eats fish, but I really enjoy the smell of good meat being cooked (steak, BBQ, turkey on Thanksgiving).
11. B and I have the same anniversary (we just use the date we met) as an ex of mine. Kind of weird.
Beantown Prepsters' Qs!
1. If you could have a theme song play when you walk down the street, what would it be?
See, I always ask this question, only at baseball games, asking what peoples' at-bat songs would be. But mine is always "We Built This City on Rock and Roll."
2. If you could watch only one TV show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It would have to continuously be new episodes, first of all. Because I do tire of the repeats after repeats after repeats. But if they just kept on making new episodes... Parks and Recreation or The Office.
3. French fries: Skinny and Crispy or big and mushy?
Skinny, crispy, and truffled.
4. What is your guilty pleasure outfit?
Leggings and anything. I wear leggings to work because my office is that casual. Not all the time. But at least once a week.
5.Soda: fountain, bottle, or can?
Fountain Diet Coke. Be still, my heart.
6. Favorite thing to do at the gym?
I love me some stairmaster. Also, I just learned a new exercise for the abs, back AND inner thighs. And you do it lying down on your back. Talk about awesome.
7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
I really really really love Boston. Its so great. I'd stay here forever if I could (I have an allergy to suburbia) but we'll probably have to move when we buy a house because we aren't kajillionairres and can't afford a house in Boston. Darn real estate prices.
8. What was your first animal and do you remember its name?
I had TWO animals, Figaro and Natasha (I didn't name them). My parents already had them for a few years before I was born, and man were they interested in me when they brought me home from the hospital.
9. What is the one thing you carry in your purse that you absolutely cannot live without?
You mean besides my wallet, keys, and phone? I try to always have a book or a live iPod. And lotion. I need lotion.
10. What is your most embarrassing habit?
Either popping zits or playing with my hair. I play with my hair constantly. Like, all.the.time.
11. If you could meet and be BFFs in real life with a blogger you follow, who would it be?
Well, I already follow my BFF, La Cucina Francesca. But if I were to pick another one - it would be Nat the Fat Rat. She just seems so funny and down to earth. And she loves to eat. And I could play with her baby.
Whew! I answered all those questions AND I have input 100 business cards. Not bad.
1. What are your feelings on walking as a form of transportation vs. form of exercise?
2. Books that you wish you could read again for the first time?
3. Favorite smell(s)?
4. Favorite silly song from childhood?
5. Most favorite beauty product and why?
6. What friends had the best snacks/toys growing up?
7. What made up holiday do you wish the world celebrated?
My mind is gone after the great business card input day. That's all I've got. Go nuts, readers! Leave a comment if you end up answering my Qs!