Thursday, March 1, 2012

Annoyances

I sometimes wonder if we're too dependent on electronic things for our daily lives.

Totes confirmed now at work.

I'm an event planner/admin of all trades.  I send out emails via our mass emailer, Communigate Pro, which we have re-named Communi-hate, because it has caused me some serious angst.

Yesterday and today, I haven't even been able to log in.  You see, it has been going suuuuuuper slowly (a turtle walking in molasses would go faster).  I try to log in.  Sometimes I am successful.  Sometimes not.  If I AM successful, I have to then click on the 'mailboxes' link in order to do anything.  But it takes so darn long that by the time it realizes where I want to go, it has logged me out, because it logs you out if you are inactive for too long.

Grrrr.

I have an event tomorrow that I'd LOVE to remind people of.  But no dice on that one, because the only way I can access our email lists is through this stupid web site.  And I'm concerned that we'll have a crappy turnout because I couldn't send these emails.

I have another event in April that's a much bigger deal.  The early registration deadline is coming up in a few weeks and I'd love to remind people of that.  But again..... I CAN'T ACCESS THE MASS EMAIL SITE.

So yes.  I am depending on this stupid web site to get things done, and they cannot be accomplished.
 

No comments: