Monday, December 5, 2011

Not to toot my own horn

I don't want to toot my own horn or anything (I mean, not a lot).

But this year I was financially secure enough to buy a really nice holiday gift for a stranger.
C, age 2, asked the Salvation Army Santa/Angel for books and puzzles. Well, C.  You must have been an awesomely well-behaved girl, because you're getting some pretty wonderful books:

The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes




Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
 Brave Irene



Katy and the Big Snow



Rain Brings Frogs



Aaaand a lovely wooden puzzle with marine animals, that comes with a fishing rods and magnets on each piece so she can go FISHING.

I mean, if I were a small child, I'd really like my gift.
But can I just share how difficult it was to find the puzzle?  Because it was.  Three shops.  I mourn the passing of Curious George Bookstore in Harvard Square, because they would have had just the thing.  But after no luck at the Harvard Book Store AND The Games People Play, I had to suck it up and go to corporate America, aka the Coop, aka Barnes and Noble.  But that's ok, because the rest of my Christmas shopping was at local businesses.  Bam!

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too attention-seeking.  I'm just really excited.  Christmas shopping is that much more fun when you add gifts for kids.  So thank you, Colliers International (our landlord) for partnering with the Salvation Army's Angel Gift program.  And thank you, Cousin Jennifer, for having a son small enough to enjoy Richard Skerry!

No comments: