Thursday, June 2, 2011

Salt

Hi Friends.

Do you like salty snacks?  Pretzels, chips, cheezie-poofs?
I love them.  Perhaps not the potato chips, but sometimes a girl just wants to be able to sit at her desk and mindless nibble something with salt.  Which we all know isn't good for us.

I'm not talking about our salt intake, per se.  I like to think I drink enough water to counteract the occasional salt binge.  I'm talking about calories, and empty ones at that.  When you love goldfish as much as I do, its difficult to stop once you have started.
Enter Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snack.
(Trader Joe's has not asked me to blog about this, nor do they even know I exist apart from being connected by my pretty much daily debit card use there.)
Its roasted.  Its salty.  Its (somewhat) crunchy, then melts to, well, seaweed.

Disclaimer: I like seaweed as a snack.  Not so much in my bathing suit.

Seriously though, people.  It has 60 calories in the entire packet, which is maybe 40 pieces of seaweed.  What other delicious morsel of saltiness is so darn calorie free?  And 40% of my daily needed amount of Vitamin C.  Eat seaweed, and coast through flu season.

 I will keep eating seafood until someone tells me something really terrible about it.  I suggest everyone at least gives it a chance.  Its not as weird as one might think.

No comments: