Monday, October 3, 2011

Fashion wish list

I saw with mild amusement the madness that was Target's recent Missoni debacle.  I mean, the stuff was cute, but so much hubub over a loud colorful Italian zig-zag striped collection?  For realsies?  Show me some Lily Pullitzer or Jigsaw for Target (still lusting after Kate Middleton... er... the Duchess of Cambridge's engagement announcement blue dress.)
 
Then today comes the announcement about Jason Wu's Target collection, out in February.  All I knew of Mr. Wu was a certain dress he made for a certain fashion icon:

 


Regardless of your politics, you have to admit she looks fabulous.  (Heck, this bleeding heart liberal thinks Nancy Reagan is an adorbs lady and hopes to be half that cute when I reach her age).

After some research on Google Images, I realized how big a deal this will be for my wardrobe.  With pieces priced between $19.99 ad $59.99 I must find something I cannot live without.




These items are so wonderfully... normal.  This isn't high fashion that would look ridiculous on anyone other than a model strutting down her runway.  These are tops, skirts and dresses made for the regular woman who just wants to look nice.




Mr. Wu and/or Target... you should pick a committee of regular gals to help select the pieces for this upcoming collection.

February 5.  Four months away.  Yes, friends, it is already on my Google Calendar.  Who wants to take a trip to the South Bay Center Target on what I am sure will be a bitter cold day for some hot fashion?

 
 

No comments: